Saturday, May 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Cups

In 2009 we visited Antigonish Nova Scotia, the home of my father in law and Step Mother In Law. We enjoyed the trip quite a bit. During this trip we were fed well. One of our favorites were a Peanut butter cup that tasted so good!  It was one of those "ooh I gotta have it" kind of recipe's so when my SMIL gave it to me I was elated. Sadly when we left from our vacation I couldn't remember where I had put the recipe. Arriving home and unpacking didn't uncover it's location either.

Fast forward nearly 3 years and I was cleaning out the base of my closet Friday morning. I found a bag with momentos from our Nova Scotia trip. Within these items was a folded piece of paper with the coveted recipe attached! I was soooo excited!!! Of course I had to make them!

This afternoon after sending my oldest off on her first "date" (movies with her boyfriend and a bestie) I gathered my ingredients and put in a little elbow grease! They're in the fridge chilling now!

Peanut Butter Cups

Recipe:

1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 1/4 tablespoon Margarine or butter
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Blend together in a bowl and shape into small balls (approx 24) and set aside

600 g Chocolate chips or your favorite type of chocolate
4 tbsp shortening

2 dozen cupcake cup paper holders

I split the chocolate in half and used 2 tbsp at a time of shortening (melt for 1 minute in the microwave, mix well and if needed heat again, mix well). The first batch of melted chocolate was used to line the cups. once the cups are lined on the bottom with chocolate take the peanut butter balls and flatten them. Place one into each cup. Melt the remaining chocolate and shortening together and use this to cover the peanut butter ball.

Place in fridge to cool. enjoy

My batch made 27 cups.

I can't wait to enjoy them! Hope you do too!!!

No comments: