Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wake up call with the Gorillas!!!

The Snow stayed away! Thanks for the Prayers!

I took Monkey to the zoo with her sparks and brownies troop last night. We spent the night in the Rainforest building at the Calgary Zoo. Our group was made up of 17 girls and 7 adults. We had a great time!

Tortoise's at night - no flash allowed sorry!

Arrived at 6:30 pm and escorted to our building by 2 of the nicest people ever! The ladies putting on our program were great! We participated in making a rainstorm, viewing the Gorillas at night, learning about bats and snakes and making a little lizzard craft....super cute and fun!

Funny looking Lizzard (he's kinda purple)

We didn't get to bed until nearly 11 and most of the girls didn't shut their eyes until closer to 12 midnight. we had a few that lasted until 330 when we had to separate them from eachother so they'd sleep! They paid for their late night when woken up at 630 to clean up and get out! (ha ha)

Big Daddy Kakinga (silverback)

I got about 2 hrs sleep total over night due to where we were sleeping (near a running water fish tank) and on a not so comfortable folding cot....but it was all about adventure and fun with the kids so it was worth it (I say that now wait til morning when it fully hits how little sleep I've had!)

I think she said this is Barika

As I mentioned we slept until 6:30 am this morning. Once up we had to pack up and we got to go see the Gorillas in morning! they were up and around, playing and searching through the hay for Rice bits....it was the coolest thing ever to experience! Breakfast was Pancakes, hashbrowns, Sausage, Fruit, Juice, Cereal, and coffee (for those who drink it lol) Really yummy!

Possibly Zuri???

All in all the girls were thrilled with their night in the Rainforest and even the parent helpers had a good time! We woke to only a small sprinkling of snow on the ground - nowhere near the 10 cm they were predicting!

Happy Sunday All!!!

No comments: