Saturday, March 12, 2011

What a Week!

Our thoughts go out to all the victims of the Tsunami in Japan and the Pacific region this past Friday. Such tragedy!

After a really busy week we spent the morning being lazy and doing nothing at all...it was nice...Kinda...

I originally wanted to go out to either Michael's make it and take it or to Home Depot's kids workshop with the kids this morning 10 to noon but we were much to lazy to go anywhere until they were over. We'll have to try that again another time lol...

We went to pick up our Pottery from ChromaColor this afternoon and they turned out great! I have the pictures on my phone and will upload them this week.

Then we ran to Walmart cause I needed to get some Duct Tape to get the treatment for Warts started on the kids. I also ended up picking up some things for Monkey's birthday. I grabbed some bubbles, little balls and take out box type party boxes for the treat bags. they were mostly all in the dollar bins (bubbles were 2 dollars for 4) and we went through the check out. Hubby was shocked at the total since we didn't buy much (came to 100 total) so I was looking at the receipt. They over charged me on the birthday boxes! nearly double the price!!! I took them and my receipt to customer service. The nice lady at the desk adjusted the price and as per the scanning code of practise I received 6 of them free and paid regular price for the rest. I got 12.00 back! I know not much but 12 dollars is still 12 dollars I could use elsewhere!!!

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS!!!!

We did our groceries at Superstore again and since we had not used all our meals from last week we didn't have too much to buy. Just had to replenish some of the veggies, needed more fruits and bread and something for dinner tonight! We're attempting to become a bit more organized! Hopefully it will work this time!

Menu:
Saturday: Steak, Mixed roasted root veggies, bread
Sunday: Dinner at Sister's house
Monday: Pulled Pork, Mashed potatoes
Tuesday: Fish and Chips
Wednesday: Chicken Tiki Masala with rice
Thursday: Pork Tenderloin, roasted veggies, salad
Friday: pizza

Tomorrow we plan to go out to the zoo or somewhere fun like that. Pictures will be shared! I'm working on making some cupcake toppers for Monkey's birthday and will give you a sneak peak DIY coming up next week. Hubby helped create the design we are using!

Happy weekend!

No comments: