Saturday, July 28, 2012

GeTtInG sEtTlEd

We've been in our new home now for 2 weeks, I totally see what they mean about noticing things after you move in that need a touch up of paint, a removal of scratch etc....thankful for a 60 day walk through to help address some of the things we missed on our initial walk through!

Having unloaded about 3 dozen boxes so far I feel I've accomplished a lot, then I walk down to my basement (aka the dumping spot for everything you don't know where to put) and want to hyperventilate! there's boxes and stuff EVERYWHERE down there...it's our little secret though cause it's a basement that I can close the door on lol....

I will tackle that a little at a time.

Hubby took us to explore our main street yesterday. It was fun to park along the street {for free} and just wander. we went into a couple of thrift stores and the girls bought a couple shirts and a summer dress each. They love to shop at thrift stores!

We're still on the hunt for furniture for our formal living room. unsure yet of what I want there except for the coffee table that I plan to make thanks to Pinterest! That's an addicting site!

Yesterday evening one of our cousins married his sweetheart. She really is a sweetheart too! Unfortunately we were only there in spirit as it was a distance out side of the city and we didn't feel comfortable leaving the girls home for that length of time. Today they had an after the bash bbq we did attend with the girls though! It was great to see them and congratulate them!

Funny story: We pulled up to the bride's mother's house for the bbq and in the driveway we saw one of my youngest's friends from brownies and her mother. Turns out they are cousin's of the bride! In essence they are now distant cousins with us! My little monkey was so happy to have a friend her age to play with there. She thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon and was asleep before we got home! ha ha ha.

Something great is to be said about coming home to a HOME you own rather than a place you rent! Love Airdrie and Stress free Living!!!

Until next time! Cheers!

No comments: