Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stream of Conciousness

It's been another long week in our house! Here we are again Saturday evening! I could sum up my week in a few words - Sleepless, Sleepless, Sleepless! (okay that's one word 3 times but hey)

I've had a nasty cough now for 2 weeks. It's not anything contagious as far as the Dr is concerned however it caused me (and hubby too) to be up all night coughing (me not him) for 4 nights straight!

This made functioning at work very tricky! Thankfully it was a smooth week at work and I had my regular co-workers with me all week. I plugged through and survived (barely) to Thursday when the Dr I work with checked me out again and gave me some cough syrup to sleep! I was soooo thankful! I slept like a rock on Thursday night from 10 to 130 am when my bladder woke me up. I found I had to then take more medicine to get back to sleep but once I did I slept through till morning! I felt Great on Friday!!!

Today was Hockey day in Canada which we watched almost all the way from the start to the finish. We had to run out for some food supplies for dinner and tomorrow's breakfast but we did that early so we wouldn't miss much. It's always fun to see all the stories from the smaller communities around our vast country. This year they were in the Yukon for the host city. I've never been north of Edmonton but one day we will get there! (It will likely be when the girls are grown)

I've been working on making a Photo book. Hubby gave me a Groupon coupon for one back in September and here we are in February I haven't yet completed it. I've gotten 14 pages out of 40 completed so far and I can't wait to finish it. I will likely do it all week this week and send it in before next weekend!

The pictures I'm using are back from 2009 when we took a trip to Nova Scotia to see hubby's dad. This was unfortunately the last time we spent with him while he was alive and we treasure every memory we made.


This was taken from the Dartmouth Nova Scotia side of the harbour looking onto Halifax Waterfront. It's beautiful and has become my desktop photo for 2 years running. 

That's my Stream of Consciousness for tonight. I'll post our menu for the week tomorrow once we go shopping. Happy Saturday All!

No comments: