It's Family Day weekend here in Alberta (and most everywhere else - except Quebec [LOL]) so we're off for a 3 day weekend. The girls have had Thursday and Friday off due to Teacher Development days. In total that gives them a 5 day weekend which will make it next to impossible to get them moving on Tuesday morning!
They spent the day yesterday with Hubby who was off his regular Friday. They played Wii, Playstation 3 and watched Family Channel. Sounds like a nice relaxing day to me! Too bad I was at work!
I was in a funk on Wednesday. I received some not so nice news at work and it put me in quite a quandry. I'm pleased to announce that it's since been resolved. I was right Something had to change - And it did! I'm lucky to have one of the bestest boss' ever! She works hard to keep the staff together and have a strong team to work with!
This week was really hard for a co-worker of mine. Her daughter is over seas on a vacation trip got very ill. She ended up in the hospital and had to have emergency surgery to remove some cyst's that ruptured (and almost went septic) We were in a panic for her on Monday and Tuesday. She went through surgery early Tuesday morning and we received information that she had lost both ovaries (tragic for a 22 year old unmarried no children woman) though they were able to save her Uterus so there is still a chance for IVF. My co-worker is still in shock and doesn't know what to do. She can't get to where her daughter is without a visa and the visa will take yet another week before she can get it. By that time her daughter will be out of hospital and on the mend. It's nearly a 2 day trip to get to where her daughter is at but she feels helpless here and wants to be there and hold her baby girl! I can't say as though I blame her at all! I can't imagine being in that position! Only time will tell what will happen.
Here we are it's Saturday! Today we went swimming at Cardel Place. I now know why we don't go on Saturdays! It was insanely busy! And the teens who were in the pool were super rude and inconsiderate to the younger crowd. I got kicked underwater numerous times and so did my little monkey. I wasn't pleased! $25 for us to swim and we were fed up after an hour! I don't imagine we'll go back anytime soon!
Tomorrow we were supposed to go skating with my nephew and sister. Unfortunately the weather's gonna suck so we cancelled. We'll try again in a week or so. In the afternoon Monkey is going to a birthday party so we'll do our grocery shopping then. And Monday we're going to the Hitmen outdoor classic game. It will be chilly but unforgettable. We've bought alot of those small heat things you squeeze and put in your mitts and boots to keep warm so hopefully that will help...well that and snow pants, sleeping bags and all the winter clothing lol....
Pictures and video to be shared likely on wednesday!
Happy Family Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment