We arrived at 540 for our 545 reservation and were seated immediately. Right beside a small stage that had a chair, microphone and slight Latin American decorations all over it. The tables are covered in blue and burgundy table cloths, small drink menu and fake flowers in a vase (ours had pink and red carnations lol) 2 wine glasses, silverware and napkins adorned the table.
Our waiter was very friendly and explained the specials. The menu was well laid out and we were able to find what we wanted fairly quickly
Our Starter
Camarones Al Ajillo - Tiger prawns sautéed in fresh herb and garlic white wine sauté.
This had the most amazing sauce on it. Somehow even the warm bread the waiter brought to have along side our starter made the sauce taste even more amazing!
My Entrée
Carne Con Langosta – ½ Lobster and tender strip loin smothered in a garlic
and rosemary sauce. Served with seasoned roasted potatoes and vegetables
The Lobster was cooked to melt in your mouth perfection! The sauce was very well done and I wanted some more of it! The Steak was cooked to my specifications however I found it to be a bit tough. The vegetables were al dente. I really enjoyed this for the most part.
Hubby's Entrée
Arroz Con Mariscos – A combination of crabs, mussels, scallops, prawns,
calamari, chicken and pork sausage all cooked together with Spanish rice. Delicioso!
This was Hubby's main dish. He said "it was pretty good" when I first asked but getting him to elaborate he says the rice was a bit "al dente" to his liking. The sauce was a nice flavour and all the seafood together was cooked perfect. He polished it off so I would say he thoroughly enjoyed it!
We also had a desert though I forgot to take a picture before we had already polished it off lol.... I couldn't even tell you the name of it but it was a Columbian pastry cut into 4 triangles with sweet whipped cream and 2 strawberry halves.
During our meal the live entertainment arrived. He played authentic Latin music at a very acceptable noise level even for sitting right beside the stage. I was wishing we had some cash to put in his tip jar cause he sure entertained us and deserved the tip!!!
Over all our experience at the Blue House Cafe was one I would rate 4 stars! The staff were great, the chef made some great dishes and the experience was amazing. My only comment would be to loose the fake flowers and table cloths! The ambiance was very nice! If you go make sure to call and make a reservation ahead of time! They get fairly busy on the weekends!!! We will definitely return alone without the kids....A Great Date Spot!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment